Friday, November 30, 2007

Last Call from Down Under

Well, the Australian election has ended, and my trip is soon to follow. I'll be flying back to Sydney tomorrow (Dec 2) and flying back to the States on the 3rd. I haven't quite entered into the reflection mode as I have been truly living in the "moment" post-GSE. I have seen some of the most spectacular natural areas Australia and New Zealand has to offer. Simply put, life's been good, that is, until I get my credit card bill in a few weeks. But it'll be worth it. I've had a truly remarkable trip and experience in Australia, met some tremendous folks from Down Under, developed a great friendship with my GSE teammates, and needless to say, look forward to catching up with everyone upon my return. Ya know, I don't even know if anyone is still reading this, but I really want to take this experience to the next level, whatever that may be. Climate change, in all it's overwhelming complexity, seems solvable now. And I suppose it's not so much the level of 'change' we actually accomplish, but whether we actually try. And difference is not so much of a matter of degree, but a matter of fact. "Where ordinary people do extraordinary things..."

Steve

2 comments:

floyd514 said...

Steve- Yes this blog is still being read. We are looking forward to your visit to our club to tell us of your experiences. Interesting you should use an often used quote of our District Governor Jim about ordinary people doing extra ordinary things.

Kay said...

Steve,
Glad that you are still having an amazing time - hope your return trip is good and we will catch up when you return!!

Kay